What is a Kodi and Why is it so Popular?
Kodi is an Open source Server Media player which has been developed by XBMC foundation which is later renamed as Kodi. It was initially launched as a Media Player for one of the successful products of Microsoft, the Xbox. In the recent years, Kodi App attracted the major attention towards to it and had become one of the successful media players. There are a lot of advantages related with this software when compared to the other famous Media players that are currently active. In this article, we will see the Detailed information on Kodi and how it works and what are the advantages of this Media Player and more info.
Outline of the Article:
- Advantages of Kodi
- Latest Version of Kodi Player & its Information
- Kodi 18 Codenamed Leia- a 64 Bit version
- Official Kodi for Xbox One
- Kodi for Different Platforms
- Kodi Software for Different Devices
- Different Multimedia Formats supported by this Player
- What are Kodi Addons
- Customise Kodi with Skins and Themes
- Languages that Kodi Player Supports
- How to Install Kodi- A Brief Information
- Comments and Suggestions
Advantages of the Kodi Media Player:
- Kodi is an Open source media player that allows you to watch and enjoy different types Multimedia such as Audio, Video, Pictures and other added features such as Weather reports and more. Ultimately, Kodi is an all in one Media Player.
- Kodi supports Multi-platform such as Windows, iOS, Mac, Android, Raspberry devices and Linux and more.
- Kodi also supports different devices such as Desktop and Laptops, Android Smart Phones and Tabs, iPhones and iPad and Raspberry devices more.
- It supports almost all the major languages of the world. Few of them are English, Arabic, French, German, Greek, Japanese, Russian, Spanish and more.
- It also supports a lot of Official Addons and Third-party addons which users can use. This is one of the major advantages of Kodi that had made it one of the most famous Media Player all over the world.
- Kodi also provides Weather reports(After Configuration and may not available in certain countries) and provides Subtitles for Multimedia and more.
- It allows users to change the Interface of Kodi with different Colors and styles and Skins so that users won’t be bored of the software.
- It also allows users to customize Kodi Player with a number of Skins which can completely change the Interface and Appearance of the Software without affecting the Functionalities.
- The App comes with a simple interface and hence users will find it more easy to use.
- It provides detailed information about the device as well as the Multimedia.
- Remote Access can be made to this Software and Hence you can control the player with other Remotes and if it is an Android Smart Phone, then you can use it as a remote to access Kodi device using Official Kore App.
- Kodi also supports Airplay option with which you can use mirroring option on Apple devices.(Currently, Kodi Airplay support is greatly limited and it allows only Audio over Airplay).
The Latest Version of Kodi and its Information:
Kodi went through a long way over years when it was initially launched for Xbox. It was termed as XBMC media player initially and was renamed as Kodi after years. The most successful version of Kodi is Kodi Jarvis 16.1 and is accompanied by its latest version Kodi Krypton 17. The latest version of Kodi is Kodi Krypton 17.6. Kodi Krypton is the most effective and greatly enhanced Kodi version which also has a clear and simple and attractive interface. Kodi Team releases a number of Bug Fix Releases(They are not big updates rather Bug fixes in an existing version) in a version. Kodi Krypton has six such updates and 17.6 was the final update from Team Kodi. The upcoming major update is going to the most awaited Kodi 18 which is codenamed, Leia. We will see a brief description about Kodi 18 in this article.
The most awaited Kodi 18 Codenamed Leia- A 64 Bit version:
Kodi Jarvis, as well as Krypton, are the most successful releases of Kodi but Kodi 18 is going to take Kodi to the next level. The main advantage of Kodi 18 is that it will be running on 64 Bit version which will be a great accomplishment in the history of Kodi software. Currently, a Nightly Build version of Kodi 18 is available which can be installed on devices and used but Nightly Build versions may contain several Bugs which may make the app unstable and may also result in loss of Data and other resources and Hence users are kindly advised to decide by their own. From the Nightly Build Version of Kodi 18, we can observe that there is no much difference in the interface but we can expect some greater changes in its functionalities.
Nightly Build Versions are not Stable Versions and Hence they may contain Bugs and Hence users are requested to decide accordingly.
Official Kodi for Xbox One:
Though Kodi has its origin from Microsoft’s Xbox as XBMC, this software was not available for Xbox for most of the years. Almost all the Xbox users from the world were longing for this software to be launched for Xbox One. Finally, a couple of days before the New Year Celebrations of 2018, Kodi Team made a Biggest Announcement and launch and it is the launch of an Alpha version of Kodi Krypton 17.6 for Microsoft’s Xbox One. Currently, the working of Kodi is limited(as it is an Alpha version) in Xbox One and we can soon expect a Stable version of Kodi for Xbox One. More about Xbox One
Kodi for Different Platforms- A MultiPlatform Software:
As already told, Kodi is a Versatile Software that supports different devices, platforms, formats, languages and more. Of all, Kodi for different platforms is the major advantage of this software. In this section, we will see the availability of Kodi App for different platforms. The following are the Platforms that Kodi currently supports now.
- Xbox One
Kodi for Different Devices:
Kodi is available for different Platforms as well different devices. The following are the List.
- Android Smart Phones and Tabs
- iPhone and iPads
- Raspbian Devices
Kodi Supports Different Multimedia Formats:
There are a lot of formats available in Pictures, Audio and Video and more. Kodi not only supports different Multimedia but also supports different Multimedia formats. A brief information about the different Multimedia formats that Kodi supports is listed below.
Image Formats: BMP, JPEG, PNG, Raw Image Formats and more.
Audio Formats: MIDI, WAV, MP3, AAC, AMR, WMA and more.
Video Formats: MPEG, ASP, WMV, MP4, OGG, FLV and more.
Information on Kodi Addons:
Disclaimer: This article only provides information related to Kodi, Kodi Addons and other information related to Kodi. This is just an information Tutorial and koditech.io is not related to the software Kodi and any of the Official and Unofficial Kodi Addons, Kodi Skins and koditech.io does not support Piracy and Copyright infringement. Also, koditech.io is not responsible for what user(s) does with the contents of the site and with the Software Kodi and Kodi Addons and other related terms. For more information, you may refer our Disclaimer Page.
Addons are the main advantage of the Kodi Player and it had made the player the most successful all over the world. Kodi has a nearly a Thousands of Official Kodi Addons which is available on the Official Kodi Website. Apart from the Official Kodi Addons, it is possible to install a number of Third Party Addons. Kodi Team suggests users not use such kind of Third party addons as they are not safe and also in certain cases, they affect Copyright Infringements. Hence it is suggested that users use Kodi in a Good way and enjoy the software completely to the core.
Customize your Kodi Player with a Lot of Skins:
Though Kodi is an interesting Media Player, sometimes we may get bored of the interface over a long period of time. Hence, Kodi supports a number of Kodi Skins, Screensavers, Interface colors and more. You can install different types of Skins from the Kodi Website. You switch the view of Kodi Player and also you can get it to its default interface in an easier way.
Kodi Supports almost all the Major Languages of the World:
Kodi comes with almost all the major languages of the world. The Languages are Albanian, Arabic, Belarusian, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Spanish, Esperanto, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Macedonian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Swedish, Turkish and more.
How to Install Kodi on your Device:
Installing Kodi on your device is a simpler and less time-consuming process. We know that Kodi is available for different devices and platforms. Here, we will explain the steps to install Kodi using simple steps. Here we will explain the steps of installation of with Android Device.
- Go to the Official Website of Kodi. (https://kodi.tv).
- Click on the Downloads Button which is available on the Top right of the page.
- Scroll down and proceed to Choose your weapon section.
- Select Android.
- A pop-up will appear. From that choose any of the Release version as per your device and the software will start downloading. Once the Download is complete, then you can install Kodi on Android Device.
- For Android Devices, you can use Google Play also to install Kodi directly on your device.
Always install the Release Versions are they are the most stable versions. Kodi recommends users to keep the software up to date as they are the most stable versions.
The major steps are similar for other devices and platforms. The above are the steps involved in installing Kodi on different platforms.
Comments and Suggestions:
We hope you are satisfied with our detailed information on Kodi Software and other information related to Kodi. We look forward to your valuable suggestions so that we can provide more qualified contents and also if you have any Query then Kindly Comment Us and we will revert to you with a solution as soon as possible.
Be the first to write a comment.